Sunday 17 July 2011

Some of my new paintings


St Mary`s Lighthouse.

This was the first painting that I did after a two year break. The colours look slightly washed out in this photo, but on the whole I was quite pleased with it, seen as it was my first.
I felt like I was learning all over again, everything felt completely new and different. I had to re-learn my colour mixing and how much water each brush held, and which brush had the best point etc.
Boats at bay.

This was the second painting that I did. I worked from a photograph for the boats, but invented the background.
I`m getting a bit more used to colours, and brushes etc now This is a little looser to what my old style used to be, and I`m going to try and stick with the looser style. I also did quite a lot of colour mixing on the paper, which is new to me, and I really enjoyed it. In the past I would have built up 7 or 8 glazes of colour, but this way of working is quite alot quicker........... and the electricity bill should stay down, now that I`m not drying each glaze......lol

1 comment: