Monday 25 July 2011

Painting in pastels for a change.

It`s at least 3 years since I last painted in pastels. I thought pastels would be perfect for this scene.....
                                          The picture is of Cullercoates Bay, Near Tynemouth.
After our art society`s AGM last week, Doug and I went for a drive along the coast, and the sky was a beautiful mix of pinks, and purples, and blues etc This was about 9.30pm, you wouldn`t think so would you?

I`m trying to get some practice painting beaches and seascapes, because on September 17th, I will be taking part in an "Art on the Beach" event, at Newbiggin By The Sea, in aid of MacMillen Nurses. It looks like it`s going to be a fun day, with various arty events going on, and we will hopefully, break the world record for the most people painting on a beach at one time............ so you just might see us in the Guiness book of records!

No comments:

Post a Comment