Monday 1 August 2011

Whirlwind weekend............

I`ve had a busy weekend yet again.......... I thought weekends were supposed to be for relaxing and winding down.....lol

We saw a lovely art exhibition at Bedlington. It was so inspiring to see so many various works of art all in one place. I just wanted to dash home and paint.
We got speaking to a lovely lady, if you read this.....you know who you are. Thankyou for your hospitality, and friendliness.

Sunday, we went to drop off some paintings to be hung at a gallery in Newbiggin, while we were there, there was a Lifeboat event on at the beach, so we went down and I got some lovely reference photographs for my next lifeboat painting. They put on a bit of a show, were they " rescued" a man out of the sea, so I sat there in my wheelchair clicking away with the camera.
............There is only one problem with living in such a beautiful area........... I`ve got 100`s of reference photo`s piling up, waiting for me to have the energy to paint them.

After we`d been there we went to Blyth, so Dougy could do some fishing, and I could do some sketching. I didn`t do much sketching, because I wasn`t feeling too good.
Poor Doug didn`t catch any fish, but Danielle caught 64.........yes 64 crabs, with in an hour. Everytime she lowered the net down she would get several at a time, one time she got 8. She ended up ripping a piece of paper out of my sketch book, so she could keep a running total. ( We put them all back)

How can you not be inspired by such scenery? We go past the beach several times a day, and every time we go past it looks completely different.

I`ve been making cards, because my hands weren`t up to painting the last few days, so I haven`t got any new paintings to show you yet, but I am meeting up with a friend from art group tomorrow night,  so I`ll have something on Wednesday to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment