Thursday 18 August 2011

Hoppings fair, Town Moor. Newcastle. In acrylics.

My friends and I got together again on Tuesday for our weekly paint-in.........and this is what I painted.
I thoughly enjoyed painting this picture, which is unusual for me when painting in acylics, because I am so used to working in watercolours.

To create this painting I combined two different photographs of the rides, and stalls. The photographs had no people in, because I took them just as the fair was closing.
After I had painted the rides etc, I then whipped out my sketch book, and added the people from lots of different sketches, that I had.
At the very end I painted in some dots and dashes of white, to make it look like the lights were shining on the people, and to seperate them from each other.

Now I can`t wait to start my next acrylic.
 We went for a drive last night, so that I could get some reference photo`s of the famous bridges over the Tyne. The bridges were spectacular, all lit up, and the water was flat calm, so there was also lots of lovely reflections......... so guess what my next painting will be?
Watch this space............

1 comment:

  1. Woot, looks great Sharon. I envy you your painting group!!!

    ReplyDelete