Wednesday 10 August 2011

Finally, I`ve been painting again after a week with none.

I haven`t been very productive this week at all, but thank heavens, me and a couple of the ladies from the art society decided to meet up in each others houses on a Tuesday night to paint together.
............so last night this is what I did........
I wasn`t at-all happy with it. I made the mistake of working from too many reference photo`s. ( My way of trying to loosen up a bit) .... I also had trouble with the paint drying too quickly, so I got in a bit of a mess.
Anyway, when I got up this morning I had a bit of a "play".......
I added more colour, and clouds etc into the sky area. Normally my one rule would be never to go back into the sky once it`s dry, but I felt that I had no choice with this painting, and it would have only gone into the bin anyway, so I wouldn`t be making it any worse than it already was. I also added more colour to the sea area, and put a touch more of a yellowy wash on the right hand side of the light house to emphasise the light glowing on that side.
I still didn`t like the painting, so I tried a crop, and came up with this...

At the moment I still think it`s headed for the file known as the bin, but I`m going to leave it for a while to see if it grows on me a bit. I`ll definately be painting this scene again. That`s for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment