Tuesday 6 September 2011

weekend dabbles in watercolours

I painted this life boat scene at the weekend. I worked from a photo of the Blyth lifeboat, then I invented the water, and the moody sky. I thought this looked better than the dirty, miserable looking factory that was on the other side of the river, behind the RNLI boat.
North Shields Art society was back on tonight, so I started on this painting of my lovely cat "Pepsi". I worked in pastel this time.

 As you can see, there is still Alot more work to do on it. I`m at my other art group tomorrow, St Andrew`s Art Group, so I`m hoping to finish it when I go there.
I will either frame it with a double aperture, or cut it into two seperate paintings, and frame them seperately. I couldn`t decide which image to work on.!!! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment